Help us interpret data on market demographics, preferences, needs, technology and consumer habits
At ProteinX, a nonprofit foundation based in Silicon Valley, we foster innovation focused on next-gen proteins. In collaboration with Corporations, Governments, and Associations, we provide resources to our partner Universities' food/bio-science labs, to contribute to the discovery of new non-animal proteins.
We envision the entire food system from a future-back perspective and support game-changers in the discovery of sustainable solutions for the most relevant problems in food science.
Why should you consider the possibility of sharing your time and skills to collaborate with such a mission?
In order to feed more than 10 billion people by 2050, while ending hunger and tackling unhealthy eating habits, humankind will have to rethink and change the food system. Furthermore, it will require collaborative large-scale initiatives across all stakeholders within the entire value chain.
What is the evidence that can place next-gen proteins as viable solutions for such global concerns?
We are believers that ensuring an adequate global food supply while sustaining our planet and natural resources is a crucial move towards a better world for all living beings, not just humans.
By taking a holistic approach, we may foster sustainable transformative innovation, reduce waste and environmental footprint, while also improving health, nutrition, and wellness significantly.
ProteinX volunteers are mission-oriented professionals that contribute to shaping the future of food. Furthermore, volunteers at the ProteinX Foundation flourish when giving back. They value access to a network of globally curated food scientists and industry fellows in top tier universities and future-proof organizations. They are passionate about sharing their knowledge with insightful and hands-on contributions in amazing ways.
The market Researcher Role at ProteinX
We’re looking for a “mission partner” in Market Research. This is a remote volunteer role that will demand part-time dedication with a minimum of 3-4 hours per week available for the ProteinX Foundation. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced professional in market research to dedicate meaningful time to a mission as a trusted advisor to the executive management and support global business teams in collecting, structuring, and interpreting data on market demographics, preferences, needs, and consuming habits, turning it into information which can offer ways to influence strategic and business decisions..
- Providing guidance and influencing business teams to collect and review data data on market demographics, preferences, needs, and consuming habits, turning it into information that can offer ways to influence strategic and business decisions on markets, products, services and pricing.
- Supporting and influencing business teams on extracting, conceptualizing and communicating the business performance from data that identify and generate insights to drive value over important opportunities and needs that may influence decisions, lead to improved solutions and better outcomes.
- Acts as a reference for young talented global teams by influencing a mindset over all team players in devising and evaluating methods for collecting data, measuring the effectiveness of marketing programs and strategies, converting data into reports that will lead to conclusions and recommendations.
The ideal candidate for this volunteer role is someone with a successful track record in data research and analytics. An individual genuinely identified with purpose-driven, volunteer work, willing to guide and influence global business teams in devising and evaluating methods for collecting data, measuring the effectiveness of marketing programs and strategies, converting data into reports that will lead to conclusions and recommendations on markets, products, services and pricing.
- 5+ years experience on top of data models and reporting packages
- Strong attention to detail and a strong analytical mind
- Ability to guide cross-functional teams through numbers and analytical data
- Accuracy and project management skills
- Tools, concept, and data-oriented with attention to detail
- Ability to notice patterns within statistics
- Outstanding communication and time management skills
- An interest in Psychology and behavior
- Passionate about building rapport with cross-functional teams
- Ability to cope with fast-paced and ambiguous environments