Digital Marketing Intern
Learn and run growth-hacking, inbound marketing, social media, content strategy,
At ProteinX, a nonprofit foundation based in Silicon Valley, we foster innovation focused on next-gen proteins. In collaboration with Corporations, Governments, and Associations, we provide resources to our partner Universities' food/bio-science labs, to contribute to the discovery of new non-animal proteins.
We envision the entire food system from a future-back perspective and support game-changers in the discovery of sustainable solutions for the most relevant problems in food science.
Why should you consider the possibility of sharing your time and skills to collaborate with such a mission?
In order to feed more than 10 billion people by 2050, while ending hunger and tackling unhealthy eating habits, humankind will have to rethink and change the food system. Furthermore, it will require collaborative large-scale initiatives across all stakeholders within the entire value chain.
What is the evidence that can place next-gen proteins as viable solutions for such global concerns?
We are believers that ensuring an adequate global food supply while sustaining our planet and natural resources is a crucial move towards a better world for all living beings, not just humans.
By taking a holistic approach, we may foster sustainable transformative innovation, reduce waste and environmental footprint, while also improving health, nutrition, and wellness significantly.
ProteinX interns are mission-oriented junior professionals that contribute to shaping the future of food. Furthermore, interns at the ProteinX Foundation flourish when giving back. They value access to a network of globally curated food scientists and industry fellows in top tier universities and future-proof organizations. They are passionate about sharing their knowledge with insightful and hands-on contributions in amazing ways.
The Digital Marketing Intern Role at ProteinX
We’re looking for individuals that have a legit passion for collaborative work towards inspiring and challenging goals. In other words, we’re looking for people who want to go beyond and are never satisfied with “good enough.”
This is a remote internship opportunity that will demand part-time dedication with an average of 20 hours per week available for the ProteinX Foundation projects. The person in this role will have the chance to contribute to projects that have a direct impact on our closed-loop-marketing: demand generation and strategic business development activities - with a focus on growth-hacking, inbound marketing, social media, content strategy, partnerships, and strategic alliances.
Participants enrolled in the program can expect to engage in amazing cross-disciplinary projects that target the delivery of an excellent, stimulating, and innovative, sector leading, unique digital experience of the highest quality for all our audiences.
- Assist in building rich content/editorial calendars and very personalized/tailored email campaigns (on HubSpot) that attract a qualified audience to our owned properties (including blog posts, whitepapers, Webinars, Social Media campaigns, reports, infographics, etc.)
- Support creation of 2-3 + e-mail campaigns each week to drive leads, subscribers, awareness, and/or other important metrics (examples include webinars, whitepapers, blogs, etc.)
- Contribute to the creation of shareable content appropriate for specific networks to spread both our brand and our content
- Support the development of various email campaigns, including the template designs, calls-to-action, and content used in our email sends
- Help to segment lists based on behaviors like past email engagement and website interactions (content downloads, site page visits, etc.)
- Support Marketing and PR teams to measure results and optimize the lead nurturing workflows for these segments to convert leads into customers
- Help growing new leads, including marketing-qualified leads, by converting site traffic through calls-to-action, landing pages, and lead generation content (including offers)
- Support optimizing our marketing automation and lead nurturing processes through email, content, and social channels
- Help to establish closed-loop analytics with sales, marketing, and PR teams to understand how our inbound marketing activity turns into customers, and continually refine our process to convert customers
- Support tracking, measuring, and analyzing all initiatives to report on email Hubspot campaigns
- Current undergraduate with a course of study focused on marketing, communications, advertising, business administration, computer science, engineering, or a related discipline
- An analytical mind and interest in using data to optimize/scale marketing strategies and tactics
- Proficiency and interest in developing outstanding skills in web analytics software, keyword tools, data-driven SEO analysis, optimization, email marketing, lead nurturing, marketing automation, and web analytics technics
- Basic understanding of email marketing concepts, marketing automation technologies, and metrics such as sender score, deliverability, and sender reputation
- Highly organized, with a great work ethic and proactive mindset
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English (a must)
- A keen eye for design and attention to detail
- Aptitude for learning processes, software, and tools quickly
- For candidates seeking a focus on content production or in technical marketing, in this learning opportunity, we’ll consider any knowledge in HTML/CSS and Adobe Creative Suite as a plus